Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Getting To Have A Nice Talk With The Great Khan


Having an Interview With Kublai Khan

1) Question: What was your childhood like? And who are your family connections? Meaning, who are your ancestors?

Answer: I was born in 1215 and my parents are Toluia and Sorghaghtain Beki. I’m the grandson of Genghis Khan. My mother worked very hard raising three kids after my father has passed away. I have two brothers. Mongke is the oldest and Arigh Boki is the youngest. I’m the middle-aged child. When my older brother was ruler I was getting prepared to be next. I had my own military strength and a lot of responsibilities. When my older brother passed away, I became ruler.

2) Question: What were some big accomplishments you made in life? Or what were good things you did to help others?

Answer: People have been saying that I’m a good ruler and started to call me “Great Khan”. The rulers that were before me were known to be “brutal”. When I switched from being a conqueror to a ruler I made many developments in the Chinese culture. I provided a lot of religious freedom to my people. I established the first paper currency system, fixed roads, and expanded waterways. I also established a summer capitol in Shangdu.

3) Question: What was the relationship between you and Marco Polo?

Answer: Marco Polo was a good friend of mine. He would always go on journeys with his father Cathay. They went to Holy Land, Persia, and Tartary. I met Marcos father Cathay first. He taught me about the manners and customs of Europe. Every time I would see Marco Polo and Cathay I would always get so exited.

4) Question: What are something’s you might know about Marco Polo?

Answer: Marco Polo didn’t know Chinese that well at first so I didn’t talk to him much. But after living in China for a few years a finally started to talk fluently and I was able to interact with him. After a wile I gave Marco Polo a task. He worked as an envoy for me. When he was twenty-one I sent him on an important business trip. When he did all of his work he became a Chinese monarch. I would send him on trips to places that Europeans have never gone before. Later, after following all my tasks he eventually became governor of a great city.

5) Question: What are some of your interests?

Answer: When I turned twelve I became a skilled horseman and I very much enjoyed that. I liked that fact that I was a warrior at such a young age. I loved to learn about different religions and other customs. But what I mainly focus on is keeping my people safe and doing the best for them. Also, I would like to keep the Khan family background in good history.

No comments:

Post a Comment